About this Opportunity
Recognized as an Employer of Choice in the National Capital Region, Giant Tiger’s Home Office provides a dynamic work environment with many opportunities for a fulfilling career. We are a Canadian owned and operated retailer (and proud of it!), with a strong commitment to the community, and over 60 years of success. If you are looking for a challenging and stimulating career, Giant Tiger may be right for you. We believe in opportunities for growth & development, teamwork, and engagement.
We are looking for an experienced Bilingual Payroll Manager to lead a team of 6 Payroll Associates and 1 Remittance Officer.
Giant Tiger Offers:
- Giant Tiger Store Discount
- Flexible hybrid or remote work arrangement;
- Health/Dental/Vision benefits;
- 24/7 access to onsite gym;
- Full Service Cafeteria
- Weekly summer barbeques and staff events all year;
- Bonus / Incentive plans for all employees;
Bilingual Payroll Manager, Job Highlights:
- Ensure all bi-weekly payrolls for hourly and salaried employees, including bonus pays are completed on time;
- Review completed Payrolls and submit cash settlement;
- Provide guidance to Store Owners/Managers in the administration of their staff’s pay as per company policy and provincial legislation;
- Train team members on new or enhanced operation procedures and policies;
- Work with the Team to ensure completion of year-end processes within prescribed government timelines, including annual production and distribution of standard and non-standard tax forms (T4s, T4As, RL-1, T2200, W2s etc.) to ensure they are issued in accordance with the CRA and other regulatory requirements.
- Maintain detailed records and documentation of payroll functions for audit purposes.
- Stay current on the latest regulatory changes with respect to payroll to ensure payroll policy adherence and compliance per province/state.
- Partner with finance team to provide payroll information for financial audits.
Bilingual Payroll Manager, Key Qualifications:
- 7-10 years of experience managing a payroll team;
- Experience with Workday;
- Experience with Quebec payroll,
- Accuracy and attention to detail,
- Proficiency with MS Office, with intermediate Excel skills;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Knowledge of remittances (CRA, RQ, EHT, WSIB, WCB, CSST);
- CPM (Certified Payroll Manager) preferred;
- Bilingual (English and French)
Giant Tiger is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fair and accessible employment procedures. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities.