VendorPM is the first software-enabled marketplace in Canada that helps owners, property managers better work with vendors by streamlining their RFQ and RFP process. We make general maintenance easier and provide property managers visibility into areas that might be falling through the cracks.
Property management is hard, particularly large-scale property management. When it comes to balancing working with vendors, managing contracts, scoping and scheduling the work, and ensuring the property is kept in tip-top shape, it often takes multiple people in full-time roles. Surprisingly, this industry has yet to evolve from utilizing outdated and inefficient methods such as e-mail, spreadsheets, and pen-and-paper. If you’ve ever worked in an office building or lived in an apartment highrise that had janky elevators, wasn’t quite the cleanest, or didn’t quite seem like it was on top of general maintenance, they probably needed VendorPM’s help.
This is a $400B+ market that we aim to make a difference in, hence why we have raised three rounds of funding from Tier 1 VCs. We’re passionate about bringing this to the world, and we want you along on this journey.
- Growth: VendorPM achieved 10x growth in Q1 alone, and is tracking to 3x our valuation by mid-2022.
- Learning opportunities: Exposure to business operations within a rapidly growing start-up: You will have the opportunity to meet and collaborate with department leaders across the business.
- Interesting work: You will wear many hats, own projects from start to finish, and get to try new things. As long as there’s alignment with business needs – your role will develop in the direction of your strengths and interests.
- Optional equity in a rapidly growing start-up funded by top-tier VC.
- Health benefits package includes medical, dental and vision, etc.
- 3 weeks vacation + paid sick/wellness days
As HR, Office Manager, you will be accountable to ensure our work environment is safe, inclusive, engaging, and that employees have the tools, equipment, and resources to do their best work.
Our team operates in a hybrid model – most employees come in 1-2 days each week, and each team has a designated day. As the HR, Office Manager, you will still have some flexibility to work from home if you like, but most days will be spent in the office. You will be expected to be at the office 3 – 4 days per week (assuming there are no restrictions in place). We’re located in the heart of downtown at Richmond and Spadina, with easy access to TTC.
What You Will Do
- Order laptops and hardware for new employees, administer hardware policies, and track assets. Set up employee workstations.
- Become the point person for maintenance, property management, mailing, shipping, supplies, and errands
- Act as the main point of contact for any employee hardware or software issues – you may not have all the answers but will guide employees to resolution, sourcing IT support when needed.
- Ensure health and safety protocol is followed
- Match HR receipts in FLOAT to track payables
- Set up AV for BOD and LT meetings as needed
- Manage office schedule and desk booking
- Complete application forms for employer awards and employment and training grants.
- Conduct research and build reports required to support various HR projects.
- Draft letters for employees, outlining employment and compensation details, as needed
- Administer HR surveys including Employee of the Month, Performance Reviews, Engagement, and Pulse Surveys – collect and analyze response data.
- Support the Leadership Team as needed to prepare slides /presentations for monthly team meetings, BOD presentations, team training, and events.
- Update company Org chart, Policies, and Handbooks to always reflect the current state of the business.
- Pull reports from our ATS and HRIS Systems as needed.
- Ensure employee records are properly managed and always up to date.
- Prepare employment offer letters.
- Enroll new employees in the appropriate tech stack based on their department and provide any required support with account setup.
- Invite new employees to enroll in our HRIS platform HUMI, provide support and ensure assigned onboarding tasks are complete.
- Invite new employees to enroll in our group health benefit plan through the self-service portal.
- Schedule departmental orientations for new hires
Event planning and logistics:
- Take a lead role in the Social Committee from the perspective of scheduling regular SC meetings, assigning project accountabilities, managing the SC budget, sourcing venues and suppliers as needed, considering health and safety implications when planning events.
- Source venues, catering, and transportation as needed
Health and Safety:
- Manage the rollout and management of VendorPM’s H&S committee.
- Ensure the company is compliant with H&S requirements.
- Conduct regular office inspections.
- Manage the certification of employees as needed.
- Schedule and facilitate regular H&S meetings – take minutes and keep records. Present any action items of Head of People, that require actioning.
- Post open positions to JazzHR (our Applicant Tracking System). Set up applications, share through social and partnership channels.
- Phone screen and shortlist candidates for hiring managers (associate-level positions)
- Schedule all interviews / debrief meetings, collect feedback from managers and update candidates + status in JazzHR- all progression and notes must be captured in the ats.
You’re the Missing Piece of the Puzzle
- You enjoy being the go-to-person in the office for questions
- No job is too big or too small attitude!
- You likely have 3+ years of experience as an Office Manager or HR Generalist
- Previous recruitment and/or onboarding experience: if you have done one, we can train the other.
- You take a genuine interest in getting to know others and building relationships.
- Advanced skills in GSuite and MS Office, JazzHR or other ATS platforms, HUMI or other HRIS platforms
- Your hardware knowledge is strong enough that you’d be able to select laptops for employees based on the use case. An understanding of what processor, graphics card, RAM, hard drive, and solid-state drive is, and how to compare them against each other.
- You’ve got a proven track record of developing systems, processes, and procedures for operational efficiency.
- You have a knack for manipulating and analyzing data to identify trends.
- Experience working with highly sensitive and confidential information with a high degree of accuracy and due diligence.
Meet Your Fellow Problem-Solvers:
We believe in problem-solving as a team. So why not meet your team members:
- April Barcier: https://www.linkedin.com/in/april-barcier-hcs-4043556/
- Lisa Winberg: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lisawinberg/
- Neel Bali: https://www.linkedin.com/in/neel-bali-47b96b149/
We want to be a surprising and exciting place, but we also want you to know what to expect on your journey, starting with the interview process:
- Interview Process Step 1: Google Meets exploratory call with Recruiter.
- Interview Process Step 2: Interview with the Hiring Manager.
- Step 3: Task
- Step 4: Final interview – presentation of the task
Please check out these short explainer videos to learn more about us!
For property managers: https://vimeo.com/536057964
For vendors: https://vimeo.com/516330777
What’s it like to be an employee at VendorPM? Learn more here