About this Opportunity
Recognized as an Employer of Choice in the National Capital Region, Giant Tiger’s Home Office provides a dynamic work environment with many opportunities for a fulfilling career. We are a Canadian-owned and operated retailer (and proud of it!), with a strong commitment to the community, and over 60 years of success. If you are looking for a challenging and stimulating career, Giant Tiger may be right for you. We believe in opportunities for growth & development, teamwork, and engagement.
We continue to grow and expand and need individuals seeking a challenging and interesting career. As a Payroll Associate on the Giant Tiger team, you will be responsible for Store payroll, and various other related duties. You will play a crucial role in supporting the objectives of the Payroll Department. This is an exciting and unique role that provides the opportunity for you to combine several skill sets in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. You will demonstrate your ability to be a team player in our endeavor to attain excellence in the workplace.
Giant Tiger Offers:
- Giant Tiger Store Discount
- Flexible hybrid work arrangement;
- Health/Dental/Vision benefits;
- 24/7 access to onsite gym;
- Full Service Cafeteria
- Weekly summer barbeques and staff events all year;
- Bonus / Incentive plans for all employees;
Payroll Associate, Job Highlights
- Process Payroll for multiple locations;
- Communicate with all levels of employees as well as outside organizations in matters relating to payroll;
- Assist with year-end processing (T4’s, R1’s).
Payroll Associate, Key Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Payroll or in a retail home office;
- Quebec Payroll experience is required;
- Bilingual (English and French) is required;
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office/Excel/Outlook;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Accuracy and attention to detail a must;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Related diploma or degree an asset.
Giant Tiger is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fair and accessible employment procedures. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities.